Auschwitz Birkenau Guided Tour - Memorial and Museum
You can expect
Auschwitz Birkenau Tour reveals one of the best-known concentration camps in the world; it is a place of genocide where approximately 1.5 million people were killed during WWII. The tour includes a visit to Auschwitz I - the administrative centre of Auschwitz death camp and Auschwitz II, designed and constructed as an extermination facility. The place has remained a living monument of death.
- 7-hour tour from Krakow
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Supervision of English-speaking tour leader
- Documentary screening in the bus
Every year, millions of people visit Auschwitz from around the world walk through the gate of Auschwitz Birkenau bearing a fallacious inscription: Arbeit macht frei – „Work sets one free". Defeating the same route as prisoners for over half a century ago. The programme of the visit comprises the introduction to the origins of the camp, its history and the everyday life of its prisoners.
The Auschwitz-Birkenau complex was established in 1940 and throughout the five years of its inglorious operation over 1.5 million Jews, Poles, Italians and Frenchman perished here. It should be emphasized that the prisoners of Auschwitz originated from every country in Europe. The museum was founded in 1947, combining the area of KL Auschwitz(Auschwitz I)> in Oświęcim and the Birkenau camp(Auschwitz II) in Brzezinka; it comprises approximately 150 buildings and 300 ruins. The original roads, fences, watchtowers and railway ramps have been preserved. The buildings house the collection of original exhibits and documents. In 1979, the concentration camp was designated as one of the UNESCO's World Heritage Sites.
- Canceling a booking for a standard tour or transfer with DiscoverCracow can result in cancellation fees: - If you cancel at least 1 hour in advance of the activity - full refund - If you cancel within 1 hour of the activity or no-show - 50% refund - Groups of 15 people and more are obliged to cancel the booking at least two days prior the tour to get a full refund. In order to receive a discount students must have a valid student ID during the tour. Please arrive at the designated pick-up point a minimum 5 minute before departure time. Minor delays (circa 20 minutes) are possible due to traffic conditions. Eating and smoking, as well as acting in a loud manner are forbidden at the site. The maximum size of backpacks or handbags brought into the Museum cannot exceed dimensions: 30x20x10 cm. Larger bags must be left in the bus. Taking photos in the buildings with the use of flash is forbidden. You are allowed to take photos only in selected parts of the Museum. A discount entrance fee is available for students aged up to 24 holding a valid student ID. You have to present printed voucher to Tour Leader before beginning of the trip. Free Hotel pick-up is included. Customer is kindly requested to contact us at least 24h to the begining of the tour to confirm pick-up time and place of departure.
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan - Expert guide - English-speaking tour leader - Entrance fees - Hotel pickup and drop-off
Food & drinks
Need more help?
Get in touch with usUK+44 2031291210